Civil Engineering Project Manager
We are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our friendly Takapuna team.
RILEY is an established employee-owned professional consultancy specialising in civil, geotechnical, and water resource engineering. We undertake technically challenging and complex projects for commercial, industrial, residential and government clients. We offer quality, responsiveness, and bespoke solutions. Due to an expanding programme of works we are looking for a Project Manager to join our civil discipline.
The role involves managing a portfolio of commercial development projects for a key client. These range from initial feasibility studies through to managing end-to-end projects including concept design, detailed design, resource consenting, and construction. The projects include earthworks, three waters infrastructure, roading and pavement design. Working closely with a team of consultants, who provide technical inputs into projects, will also form a key part of the role.
Key responsibilities will include all aspects of the project lifecycle including establishing client requirements, contract management, identification and management of risks, communicating with the client and other key stakeholders, project planning and scope, and time and budget management.
We are ideally looking for someone with:
- Strong civil construction experience and an understanding of land development and construction processes
- A bachelor degree in civil engineering or relevant tertiary qualification.
- 10 years plus project management experience in a civil consultancy, some of which will be in New Zealand.
- A well-rounded project management skillset.
- A practical engineering knowledge – you will know when and how to ask the right questions.
- Contract administration experience.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Initiative and self-motivation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A warm, friendly place to work, flexibility in the type of work you undertake, and scope to apply your strengths and shape your career. Benefits are various and include:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Investment in professional development.
- A relaxed, informal work environment.
- Public transport and/or parking subsidies.
- A contribution towards gym and swim facilities.
- Regular social events.
To apply for this position submit your CV detailing your experience to date, and a covering letter telling us a little about yourself to Human Resources/Recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Current Vacancies