Dam Design Engineer
We are looking for a Dam Design Engineer to join our friendly Takapuna or Christchurch office.
The role involves working for a range of clients on the development of new or existing dams, canals, and associated structures. Dam safety inspections and reviews will also form an important aspect of the work.
You will be responsible for leading projects involving a variety of design, consenting, construction supervision, and delivery stages. Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers and geologists is an integral part of the role. There will also be opportunity to lead, mentor, and develop staff.
You will manage projects from concept and design through to resource consenting and construction. Liaising and building relationships with planners, contractors, consultants, and staff to deliver quality outcomes to our clients is key.
We are interested in hearing from people with experience in dam engineering; however, we are also open to engineers with a geotechnical background who have a strong interest in working in dam design. Ideally you will have:
- A BE qualification or equivalent (Washington Accord) with 8 or more years' engineering experience.
- Dam engineering experience including geotechnical and, preferably, hydraulic design and hydrology.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent client liaison and communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Good time management and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation.
A warm, friendly place to work, flexibility in the type of work you undertake, and scope to apply your strengths and shape your career. Benefits are various and include:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Investment in professional development.
- A relaxed, informal work environment.
- A contribution towards gym and swim facilities.
- Regular social events.
To apply for this position submit your CV detailing your experience to date and a covering letter indicating your office of preference (Takapuna or Christchurch) and telling us a little about yourself to Human Resources/Recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Current Vacancies