Environmental Scientist/Engineer - Site Contamination
We are looking for an organised and outcome-focused Environmental Scientist/Engineer to join our growing Takapuna-based site contamination team. The role will suit a dedicated and enthusiastic individual in the early stages of their career and will provide an opportunity to develop contaminated land investigation, risk assessment, and reporting skills working as an integral part of our team.
The role will involve a mixture of:
- Fieldwork, including soil and groundwater sampling, gas/vapour monitoring, chain of custody documentation, and equipment management.
- Desktop work, including site plan preparation, assistance with proposals and site validation reports, laboratory liaison and preparation of laboratory result tables, and GIS data input.
We are ideally looking for an adaptable, quick to learn, and enthusiastic person with:
- A BSc in Environmental Toxicology, Geology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Earth Science, Public Health, Environmental Health, Environmental Chemistry, or similar.
- A tertiary qualification in any of the above fields (preferred).
- Preferably two to four years’ relevant fieldwork experience e.g. soil sampling, asbestos in soils sampling, groundwater sampling.
- Experience in the use of hand augers and taking soil and/or groundwater samples from test pits/boreholes.
- Experience/certification/licences in some or all the following environmental assessment fields:
- site/soil contamination
- landfill gas and/or soil vapour
- hazardous substances/HSNO
A warm, friendly place to work, flexibility in the type of work you undertake, and scope to apply your strengths and shape your career. Benefits are various and include:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Investment in professional development.
- A relaxed, informal work environment.
- Public transport and/or parking subsidies.
- A contribution towards gym and swim facilities.
- Regular social events.
To apply for this position submit your CV detailing your experience to date and a covering letter telling us a little about yourself to Human Resources/Recruitment
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Current Vacancies