Intermediate Civil Engineer
We are looking for an Intermediate Civil Engineer to join our friendly Takapuna or Christchurch office.
Working as part of a team, this role involves the delivery of commercial, industrial, and residential development projects, particularly in the areas of earthworks, three waters infrastructure design, and roading and pavement design.
You will manage projects from concept and design through to resource consenting and construction. Liaising and building relationships with planners, contractors, consultants, and staff to deliver quality outcomes to our clients is a key part of the role.
We are ideally looking for people who have:
- A BE qualification or equivalent (Washington Accord).
- A minimum of 5 years’ civil consultancy experience, preferably within New Zealand.
- CPEng accreditation (or working towards).
- A practical, well rounded engineering knowledge and sound analytical and judgement.
- A proven track record in civil design.
- Project management experience.
- Contract administration experience.
- A detailed knowledge of New Zealand design codes and practices.
- Experience of AutoCAD, Civil 2D, and/or 12D.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Quality oriented with a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to work under pressure, with good time management.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation.
A warm, friendly place to work, flexibility in the type of work you undertake, and scope to apply your strengths and shape your career. Benefits are various and include:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Investment in professional development.
- A relaxed, informal work environment.
- Public transport and/or parking subsidies.
- Use of gym and swim facilities.
- Regular social events.
To apply for this position submit your CV detailing your experience to date and a covering letter indicating your office of preference (Takapuna or Christchurch) and telling us a little about yourself to Human Resources/Recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Current Vacancies