Principal Geotechnical Engineer
We are looking for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join our friendly Takapuna team.
- Providing technical input into projects
- Managing a portfolio of projects
- Providing technical and project management direction and guidance to others
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and actively pursuing new business opportunities
- Developing key working relationships with specialists in other RILEY disciplines
- Supporting the career growth and professional development of others in the team
- Contributing to Company strategy as a key senior member of staff
- Promoting the RILEY brand, enhancing the company profile within the industry
We are ideally looking for people who have:
- A BE qualification or equivalent (Washington Accord)
- A minimum of 15 years’ geotechnical experience, preferably within New Zealand
- CPEng accreditation
- Technical and analytical experience and proven knowledge of complex geotechnical issues
- Extensive commercial and residential land development experience
- Water retaining structure experience preferred
- A proven track record of efficient project management and delivery
- Experience of managing and winning bids
- An established client base, or the ability to secure new work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
A warm, friendly place to work, flexibility in the type of work you undertake, and scope to apply your strengths and shape your career. Benefits are various and include:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Investment in professional development.
- A relaxed, informal work environment.
- Public transport and/or parking subsidies.
- A contribution towards gym and swim facilities.
- Regular social events.
To apply for this position submit your CV detailing your experience to date and a covering letter telling us a little about yourself to Human Resources/Recruitment
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Current Vacancies