Senior Engineering Geologist
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Geologist to join our friendly Takapuna team.
Working with and managing teams of geologists and engineers, this role involves responsibility for providing high quality geological and geotechnical investigations, analysis, design, and reporting across a broad range of projects including complex land development and quarry environments.
You will manage and deliver projects from inception to completion, review the work of others, and provide coaching and guidance. Liaising and building relationships with clients, contractors, consultants, and staff to deliver quality outcomes to clients is a key aspect of the role.
We are ideally looking for people who have:
- A BSc (preferably a PGDip or MSc) in Engineering Geology.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in an engineering geology role.
- Experience working with both soft soils and hard rock (preferably New Zealand experience)
- Strong geological mapping and geological model development skills.
- Strong slope stability assessment and design skills across a variety of materials.
- Extensive experience of designing and co-ordinating field investigation programmes.
- Strong project management and client relationship skills.
- A proven track record of efficient project management and delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
A warm, friendly place to work, flexibility in the type of work you undertake, and scope to apply your strengths and shape your career. Benefits are various and include:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Investment in professional development.
- A relaxed, informal work environment.
- Public transport and/or parking subsidies.
- A contribution towards gym and swim facilities.
- Regular social events.
To apply for this position submit your CV detailing your experience to date and a covering letter telling us a little about yourself to Human Resources/Recruitment
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Current Vacancies