Senior Hydrologist – Auckland or Christchurch
One of the talented individuals we are seeking is a Senior Hydrologist to join our Auckland or Christchurch office.
We are interested in hearing from people with a minimum of eight year’s experience who have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Hydrology, Civil Engineering, Natural Resources, or similar.
- Experience in field data collection, flood hazard and water quality/sediment transport modelling and assessment, residual flow and hydrological effects assessments and GIS data processing and interpretation.
- Strong conceptual understanding of hydrodynamic and hydrological modelling methodologies, their limitations and appropriate selection for individual project requirements.
- Preferably experience in using a range of surface water modelling packages (such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, MIKE, SWAT+ etc.).
- Experience with (or interest in) R/Python coding and application within hydrological and hydraulic analysis.
- Strong technical reporting skills and a proven track record of client management and project delivery.
We offer a relaxed environment, flexible working, scope to work across different disciplines, and freedom to shape your career pathway based on your strengths and interest areas.
If this opportunity has piqued your interest – please send your CV detailing your experience to date and a covering letter telling us a little about yourself to Human Resources/Recruitment and why you would like to join the team here at RILEY.
If you are not based in Auckland or Christchurch, please still get in touch. We are happy to discuss the possibility of a remote-working arrangement.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For information about our consultancy and the type of work we undertake visit www.riley.co.nz