Water Resource Engineer
The role involves:
- Hydraulic design for new and existing dams and related structures e.g. intakes and spillways.
- Monitoring and inspection of existing hydraulic structures.
- Flood assessments for dams and proposed residential and commercial developments.
- Hydraulic design for the refurbishment or upgrade of existing dams and related structures.
- Design of fish screens and passages.
You will lead a range of projects from pre-feasibility studies to design, consenting, and construction management. Building and developing relationships with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers and geologists will form an integral part of your role. There will also be the opportunity to coach and develop staff.
We are interested in hearing from people with:
- A BE qualification or equivalent (Washington Accord) with eight or more years' engineering experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent client liaison and communication skills.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers and geologists within the RILEY team.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Good time management and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong initiative and motivation.
- Coaching, mentoring, and staff development experience.
A warm, friendly place to work, flexibility in the type of work you undertake, and scope to apply your strengths and shape your career. Benefits are various and include:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Investment in professional development.
- A relaxed, informal work environment.
- Regular social events.
To apply for this Christchurch based position, submit your CV detailing your experience to date and a covering letter telling us a little about yourself to Human Resources/Recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Current Vacancies