Water Resources Engineers/Scientists - Modelling
We are interested in hearing from people with skills and experience in the following areas:
- Flood hazard modelling and assessment
- Residual flow and hydrological effects assessments
- Water quality/sediment transport modelling and assessment
- Design of hydraulic structures
- GIS data collection, processing and interpretation
- Field data collection
- Technical report writing
You will also have:
- 2-5 years’ experience in a water resources consulting environment
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Natural Resources, Hydrology or similar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high standard of both oral and written English
- Strong conceptual understanding of hydrodynamic and hydrological modelling methodologies, their limitations and appropriate selection for individual project requirements.
- Experience in using a range of surface water modelling packages (such as HEC-RAS, MIKE, HEC-HMS, SWAT+ etc.)
- A proven track record of client engagement and project delivery
- Experience with (or interest in) R/Python coding and application within hydrological and hydraulic analysis would be considered advantageous.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
A warm, friendly place to work, flexibility in the type of work you undertake, and scope to apply your strengths and shape your career. Benefits are various and include:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Investment in professional development.
- A relaxed, informal work environment.
- Regular social events.
To apply for this Christchurch-based position, submit your CV detailing your experience to date and a covering letter telling us a little about yourself to Human Resources/Recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Current Vacancies