Senior Environmental Scientist – Site Contamination
This position provides a unique opportunity for the right person to apply their background of scientific or environmental engineering experience to a range of community and infrastructure orientated projects, through to more specialist health and environmental risk assessment and management programmes.
It will involve a mixture of:
• project managing and leading contaminated site investigations, remediation programmes and positive environmental outcomes for infrastructure development projects
• preparing project bids and proposals for site contamination projects
• regular client interface
• regular internal liaison with Riley Geotechnical, Civil and Water Resources teams
• writing contaminated land site investigation, management, remediation and validation reports
• some fieldwork, including soil and groundwater sampling, gas/vapour monitoring, chain of custody documentation, and equipment management
The position will suit an individual looking to take their next career step to further develop their professional profile in contaminated land investigations, risk assessment, and reporting.
We are ideally looking for a qualified, proactive, adaptable, and enthusiastic person with:
• BSc in Environmental Toxicology, Geology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Earth Science, Public Health, Environmental Health, Environmental Chemistry, or similar
• tertiary qualification in any of the above fields (preferred)
• fieldwork experience e.g. soil sampling, asbestos in soils sampling, groundwater sampling.
• experience in some or all the following environmental assessment fields – site/soil contamination, landfill gas and/or soil vapour, asbestos in soil, closed landfills, hazardous substances, groundwater quality
We offer scope to shape your position and career pathway based on your strengths and interest areas.
11 Mar 2022
If you're not in the area listed, please still get in touch, we're happy to talk about a remote-working arrangement.