Senior Environmental Scientist - Land Contamination
A senior chemical engineer, Nicolás specialises in contaminated land investigation, risk assessment, remediation and project management, with a strong technical and result-based focus.
He has worked on many large and technically complex sites for a range of international and local clients in oil and gas, chemical, mining and real estate sectors in South America and Europe.
Nicolás’ areas of expertise include:
• passive/active soil gas surveys
• preliminary and detailed site investigations
• chemical analysis interpretation
• conceptual site models
• vapour intrusion assessments
• remediation of soil and groundwater contamination.
Outside work: Nicolás enjoys nature and actively supports a sustainable lifestyle, including involvement in small-scale permaculture projects.
Based in Auckland
Joined Riley in 2022
Graduated the National University of Colombia, 2008