Principal Engineering Geologist
Water Resources Operations Manager
Leah has a passion for water retaining structures, particularly in the hydropower sector. It’s a highlight of more than 18 years’ experience consulting in New Zealand and overseas.
She has worked on a diverse range of projects including dam and water engineering, power and energy infrastructure, large infrastructure projects, and residential, commercial and industrial developments.
Over her career, Leah has undertaken:
• geological hazard assessments, and geological and geomorphological mapping
• rock mechanics and rockfall assessments
• scope, manage and supervise geotechnical, environmental and hydrogeological ground investigations
• slope stabilisation, and design of cut and fill slopes
• landfill engineering
• construction supervision.
OUTSIDE WORK: Leah loves getting outdoors – running and hiking in the hills and mountains, travelling, and beach walks with her elderly border collie. She’s not above a spot of geeking at areas of geological interest, impressive slope protection works and hydropower schemes.
Based in Christchurch
Joined Riley in 2015
BSc (Hons) (Engineering Geology)